The Erie Beach Hotel is a long-standing Port Dover tradition
The Erie Beach Hotel was once a 60 room summer resort where you could stay for $10-$12 per week including meals. It has gone through many changes since then.
In 1946, Harold and Marjorie Schneider bought the hotel and it soon became known for its delicious home cooked meals. With Harold’s strong business sense and Marjorie’s natural talent for decorating and cooking, they created the Erie Beach traditions that still exist today.
In the early 1970’s, Harold and Marjorie’s son Tony and his wife Betty bought the hotel and made changes of their own. They added more dining to the hotel by building a kitchen on to The Terrace Room level, changing it from a beverage room to a 250 seat casual dining area.
In 2000, Tony and Betty’s son Andrew and his wife Pam bought the hotel and are carrying on the family tradition. Their daughters now make 4 generations of Schneiders working hard to carry on their great-grandparents’ legacy.